Tw: Sexual assault.
Kevin Spacey now facing additional sexual offence charges in the U.K, CPS has confirmed.
Kevin Spacey is set to appear in court again in December, this time in London, after Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) authorised seven additional sexual assault charges against the actor, all relating to the same alleged victim, who claims the incidents took place between 2001 and 2004.
The CPS confirmed the additional charges on Wednesday (November 16), per reports from AP, noting that new charges against the Oscar-winning actor include three of indecent assault, three of sexual assault and one of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.
Spacey appeared at the Old Bailey in London back in July, saying he “strenuously denies” the five allegations relating to three other men, both now in their 30s and 40s.
Those allegations include four counts of sexual assault by touching, and the more serious charge of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
Broken down, the first two charges relate to alleged sexual assaults on one man, now in his 40s, in London, in March 2005. A second alleged victim, a man now in his 30s, has claimed to have been assaulted in London in August 2008.
The serious sexual offence charge – causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent – also relates to the second alleged victim.
The third complainant relates to an alleged assault on a man who is now in his 30s in Gloucestershire in April 2013.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed Tuesday that the actor will appear at Westminster magistrates court in west London on Friday 16 December.
Rosemary Ainslie, head of CPS’s special crime division, said: “The CPS has authorised additional criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 63, for a number of sexual assaults against one man between 2001 and 2004.
“The CPS has also authorised one charge of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent. The authority to charge follows a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan police in its investigation.
“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”
The news of extra charges against the actor comes just weeks after his civil trial in the US, in Manhattan, where it found that his accuser did not adequately prove his claim that Spacey made an unwanted sexual advance when he was 14-years-old.
Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp, now 50, had been 14 at the time of the alleged incident, while Spacey was 26.
Rap claimed Spacey invited him back to his Manhattan home, where he picked Rapp up, laid him down on his bed, grabbed his buttocks and proceeded to press his groin into Rapp’s body without his consent, until he was able to wriggle free.
However, the judge in this case dismissed Rap’s claims of assault before the trial started and then found Spacey not liable for the separate charge of battery.
“We are very grateful to the jury for seeing through these false allegations,” Keller, one of Spacey’s attorneys, said while leaving court. While Spacey did not address reporters personally.
Spacey has ‘strenuously denied’ all allegations against him. The trial will take place in December.